Saturday, June 27, 2009

Friday Fixins!

Well, I actually remembered that I had my camera with me at the kitchen yesterday!! Usually I get home & think "oh yeah, I was going to take some pictures"!!!



On Friday we delivered a luncheon for 65 to a medical clinic--they ordered brisket, twice baked potato casserole, salad and below are the rolls. Six dozen just hanging out on the warm stove top & rising!! Yes, we make our own rolls--they are not pre-frozen, pre-shaped, or pre-anything. We start from scratch & make a refrigerator dough that can be used within 3 days. Believe me, it's not uncommon for us to have to mix dough several times a week. The same dough is used for cinnamon rolls & sticky rolls. And boy, is it yummy!!!





















This is one of the desserts sent to the lunch--chocolate goes so well with barbeque! (And with anything else!!) We sent chocolate sheet cake--one with nuts & one with no nuts; trying to be sensitive to allergies you know! However, you can't go wrong with chocolate sheet cake. You should have seen the faces of the workers when we walked in with these!! A large number of their lunches are pizza, sandwiches, and such--not that there is anything wrong with that! But they get "home cooked" goodness when we deliver & the staff always comment "oh good--it's Three Sisters"!!! Many of the offices we deliver to request our food from their reps. Now that's good PR!!!





















The rolls have risen and been baked in the photo below. Can you just smell the goodness??? I've gained a bit of weight since I took over the kitchen--I have got to stop tasting all my results--or perhaps, quit making extra??? The rolls have been brushed with butter while still warm, and they are fabulous.










It's funny how requests come in groups. For a while we didn't have any orders for brisket--we were on a "chicken spaghetti" roll. But this past week everyone seems to have "brisket on the brain", and we have 4 orders for next week for brisket.
Our brisket is slow cooked, for a minimum of 12 hours in a marinade, then trimmed and sliced, cooled and reheated. Not to brag tooooo much but our brisket always received rave reviews!! It really does make a difference to slow down and cook food the way "grandma" did---she knew what she was doing!!!
Well, it's lazy Saturday--no orders til Monday, so I'm taking the weekend off. Which means I'm going to lay around and enjoy NOTHING!!!
From the kitchen--have a great dish!

1 comment:

  1. The chocolate cake can be a boy cake or girl cake.hahaha

    ReplyDelete