Friday, June 19, 2009

Today It's A Bakery!



















The nice thing about having no deliveries today is that we were able to begin later--you know, stay home a bit longer (perhaps sleep longer).


After lunch the preparation began: the first project finished was this cake for a baby shower Saturday. Sorry for the plastic covering--I forgot to take a picture before shutting it in.

The following picture is a gathering of cream puffs that will be filled with chicken salad for a wedding shower tomorrow. They are yummy with chicken salad, but I have to admit, I like them best as dessert--with a mousse filling and a fruit topping. I do like my sweets.

The picture below (somehow I am unable to type between these two pics!) the cream puffs is a dessert for the shower--cake truffles! They actually taste like cherry cordial candies. The shower color theme is pink & black-- And are they ever rich!! The rest of the menu for the shower will be cupcakes, a fruit tray, vegetables & dip and punch.









































It's really quite strange how quickly things change at the kitchen. As of 10:00 this morning we had no bookings for Monday, and I was getting excited about having a day off. Then came the call for a lunch to be delivered for 30. They requested a salad bar lunch so it won't be an enormous amount of work.





Then around 2:00 a call came for a breakfast to be delivered for 30--egg casserole, fruit tray, biscuits & gravy and bacon & sausage! All to be 35 minutes away by 8:00 a.m. I really don't like getting up that early, but I do really like having business! So, Monday looks full.




And then we have one lunch already booked for Tuesday, two lunches booked for Thursday, and a large lunch for Friday. So, just when I think it will slow down-boom! Here it comes. Hey, I'm not complaining!!! We need the business! After all, I've only had the kitchen since last September, and we still have to prove ourselves to previous clients. I'll keep you posted as to the menus we will be serving.




No questions tonight--Friday shall be "no question day". Just answer the ones in previous posts!!




Have a great week-end and eat at least one thing sweet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment