Saturday, June 20, 2009




















Today was a "Pink & Black" wedding shower. The bride attends church with my sister & I prepared the food for the event. As the bride is using pink & black as her wedding colors, well, you can fill in the rest. The place the shower was held is church with early 70's decor--paneling, harvest gold, got the picture in your head??


So we did the very best possible with accessories. This just goes to show that any old place can be made festive! Really decorate the serving table & that's what the guests focus upon. Especially if the decor is carried on with the food.



Below is a picture of the punch area--plastic pink champagne glasses added a boost of color in serving the punch--and isn't the punch bowl darling? I knew when I bought it that it would have quite a visual impact when used!!









The cupcakes were white cake with the pink & black theme carried on in the frosting! Sitting on a bed of pink tulle they looked so festive!! Using the cupcake holder to elevate them added to the look.
Below are the cake truffles--the ones that taste like cherry cordial candy. They are so very rich that one is all a person can eat at a time!! Let me tell you, they were quite a hit. And aren't they cute on the black tiered server? When I'm out at stores things that can be used in catering catch my eye first and foremost. My husband just didn't understand why I bought the black server---but it sure saved the day here!!





I don't know if you noticed in the first picture, but pink tulle was used along with a black boa---it really was a sight to catch the eye. So when you are decorating for showers, think outside the box. And look the house over--my sis & I ran from room to room grabbing candleholders, serving platters, candles, I wasn't able to photograph all of the area, but using all the different accessories along with multiple elevations made the entire table pleasing to behold!
It's the season for showers of all kind-wedding, baby, birthday---make them extra special by bringing extraordinary items into "plain jane" areas! You'll be the hit of the day!!
So from the kitchen til next time---have a great dish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment