Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hello From The Kitchen!!!

Hello! This is my first post on this site--my other blog is Little Town Big Life. From this site you will gain insight as to what goes on in the daily life of a small town caterer.


First of all, let me introduce my business. We are housed in a small town in NE Oklahoma, and serve surrounding communities. The kitchen can accomodate orders up to 500, but we are most comfortable providing daily lunches and catering smaller receptions, etc.



For instance--today we sent a meal for 18 out to one of the surrounding communities. It was for a company involved in oil production; they are serving meals to the people attending a training session. Today's menu was: Poppyseed Chicken, Italian Garden Salad, California Vegetable Medley, Homemade Rolls and Chocolate Cream Pies. Yes, we make the meals from scratch! No thaw & serve pie crusts or instant pudding here! We even provide disposable tableware, tea & ice!!! In addition to catering, custom decorated cakes and cookies are available. The cakes are best remembered for their taste--decor is a secondary factor. I will share photos of different items in future posts. Today I simply wanted to get the blog set up!




Oh yes--today I also was a guest speaker at the Indian Education Summer School here in town. I talked about the food pyramid & healthy eating for a group of around 30 students grades K-5. A snack of apple slices, celery slices, peanut butter & raisins was served. The students washed their own apples and spread peanut butter on both apples & celery--with plastic knives of course!!! They were quite attentive and polite. On Thursday I will return and we'll do some "hands on" with measuring cups & spoons. The students will get to learn the importance of math in the kitchen!! Don't you know they will be thrilled????They will also get another healthy snack--


I'd really like to have some interaction from readers, so I'll try to keep up with the blog and ask some questions of the general reading community!!



For today let me ask: What is your "go-to" cookbook? The one you fall back on time after time? If you are like me, you have a bazillion cookbooks, but narrow the field down considerably when looking for a recipe to prepare. So, let me know what you favor--




From the kitchen til next time--have a great dish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment