Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mid Week Pies



















Ok, this is a picture of a pie from Thanksgiving---I forgot to snap a pic of the pies we sent out today! Trust me, they looked just like this--except one was coconut cream & had toasted coconut on top. The other was chocolate cream--ummm!




We sent out two lunches today--the menu for 15 was: beef lasagna, seasoned green beans, salad, rolls & strawberry cake. The menu that went out for 40: herb roasted chicken, salad, twice baked potato casserole, rolls and German chocolate cakes. The pies were a special order.




Each day that I intend to take off, the calls for lunches come rolling in! So I guess I'll keep intending to take days off---it sure helps the business! We are booked for the rest of the week.




Tomorrow evening will be church dinner--for the summer we usually don't have Wednesday evening dinners, but wanting to keep the congregation well fed and attending (ha!), we decided to have "lite" dinners. We rotate between salads & sandwiches. Last Wednesday we had pasta salad, fruit salad, brownie bites & blueberry muffins. Tomorrow we will have chicken salad sandwiches, garden salad & cookies & peaches. As long as the dinners are cool & don't require alot of cooking, the gals who assist me are happy!! It's way, way to hot here to spend an afternoon cooking in the church kitchen!!



Lucky for me we had leftovers from the "pink & black" shower on Saturday. And lucky for me my sis gave the shower so we brought leftovers home! Last evening hubby & I dined on leftover chicken salad on cream puffs, veggies & dill dip and fruit. It's always nice to have leftovers--




Not much else to tell you about on this heat filled day--so I'll close with these words of wisdom: When it's over 95 degrees outside, ice cream is an acceptable dinner!!!




From the kitchen til next time---have a great dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment